Duromine Appetite Suppressant: Is it legal speed?
Duromine is the brand name of phentermine-containing medication most commonly sold in Australia. It is manufactured by iNova Pharmaceuticals and is considered a powerful stimulant and appetite suppressant. Its potential for causing severe side effects is what has led to the ban of the diet pill in various countries including the United States of America. Duromine comes in three strengths: 15mg capsules, 30mg capsules, and 40mg capsules. The strongest Duromine capsules have earned it the title “legal Speed” due to the fact that they are very potent and are commonly misused by drug addicts.
Much like any other phentermine medication, Duromine works best when accompanied with your doctor’s prescribed diets and exercise regimes. It cannot be obtained legally over the counter or purchased and shipped via mail; the medication can only be gotten after the doctor prescribes it and filled through a registered and licensed pharmacy.
There are a lot of considerations, precautions, and forewarnings involved in taking the medication.
Duromine Weight Loss Results – How fast does Duromine work?
Phentermine 37.5 mg is one of the most widely used prescription drug weight loss medication. However, you must keep in mind that this is not just a magical pill that will make you lose weight with no effort. These diet pills are designed to help you with certain aspects of the overall weight loss plan. Your doctor will advise you to consume significantly less calories each day as well as engage in more regular exercise. If you do not cut your daily caloric intake and work out more, then you will not have the best results, if any at all.
Phentermine weight loss medication will help you cut down your calories by suppressing appetite. This will help to fight the craving that come along with most diets. You will also get a boost of energy with use. This will definitely help you to have more motivation to get active and stay active so you can consistently burn calories throughout your treatment with phentermine. Any drug that contains phentermine 37.5 mg is not supposed to be taken for 12 weeks at a time. Your doctor may have you take it for less time or, in rare cases, longer.
Weight loss at about 1-2 pounds per week is a rate that doctors consider “safe” and is usually what can be expected with any drugs that contain phentermine hcl (so long as you are dieting and exercising). Some individuals may experience a slower or faster rate of weight loss. Your doctor will weigh you at check ups to ensure that you lose weight the right way.
Dosage: Avoid Duromine Overdose!
Of all the phentermine dietary pills in the market, Duromine offers the most versatility in terms of dosing amounts and schedules. Since it exists in three different strengths, you can be assigned the strength that is more suitable for you based on a number of factors including your health, age, the medication you’re already taking etc.
Duromine capsules are slow-release capsules. The phentermine main ingredient is mixed with resin in order to produce a slow, sustained release of the drug throughout the day. As such, Duromine should be taken early in the day, preferably 2 hours before or after eating breakfast. Taking it 10 to 14 hours before bedtime will induce insomnia and restlessness due to the increased energy levels in your body.
Do not crush or chew the capsules; this will result in increased side effects. Swallow them whole with plenty of water.
Duromine should only be taken in accordance with the doctor’s prescription. Taking more or less of the drug than is prescribed may lead to complications. Also, one may experience withdrawal reactions if the dosage is cut off abruptly. Your doctor will be able to gradually take you off the medication without causing any adverse effects.
For missed doses, don’t take the pill if it is already past midday. Otherwise, you should take the missed dose as soon as possible. NEVER try to compensate for a missed dose by taking more Duromine pills at a time than is prescribed.
Before taking Duromine, ensure that your doctor knows your medical history including any other medication you may be on. You should also come clean about the following:
- Allergies pertaining to phentermine or any other sympathomimetic amines such as nasal decongestants, stimulants, and other appetite suppressants.
- All the medication that you’re currently taking especially if it includes high blood pressure medication and other stimulants.
- A comprehensive medical history especially if you’ve previously suffered from heart disorders, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, or if you have a history of drug abuse.
- If you’re pregnant or are suspecting that you may be pregnant; Duromine may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- If you’re breastfeeding; Duromine can pass from the mother to the nursing infant via breast milk.
- If you’re easily irritable or become agitated easily.
Also, avoid performing activities that require a high level of concentration such as driving, or operating heavy machinery after taking Duromine medication. It may cause dizziness and on some occasions, extreme drowsiness. Also, Duromine should not be taken with any alcohol.
Inform your doctor that you’re on the medication before surgery to avoid complications.
The phentermine-based diet pill may react adversely when mixed with the following drugs:
- Various MAO inhibitors – these may lead to a fatal reaction when consumed together with Duromine. Ensure you haven’t taken any MAO inhibitors in the last two weeks before you start taking Duromine.
- Duromine can cause serious heart valve abnormalities when taken together with fenfluramine (Phen-Fen). It is not advisable to take the two drugs together.
- Do not take Duromine with any TCA’s (depression medication), SSRIs, SNRIs, high blood pressure medication, other stimulants and appetite suppressants, phenothiazines, and party drugs such as MDMA and cocaine.
- Cut down your caffeine intake drastically to avoid experiencing increased side effects from Duromine. Avoid taking too much-caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks like cola.
- Do not take Duromine without your doctor’s consent if you’re currently on sleep medication, anti-seizure medication, the antihistamine diphenhydramine, painkillers such as codeine, and psychiatric medication.
Duromine Side Effects
Duromine might have some severe side effects after prolonged use. The severity of the side effects you might experience will depend on your age, how long you’ve used the medication, and how much of it you’re taking at a time. Common side effects include:
- Dryness of the mouth
- Bitterness/ an unpleasant taste
- A fluctuated sex drive
- Elevated blood pressure
- Too much energy
- Inexplicable euphoria
- Bouts of dysphoria
- Swollen ankles and feet
- Shortness of breath after mild exertions
- General body weakness
Some of the side effects will only appear after using the medication on a long-term basis or if the drug is abused. Most of those side effects are only mildly to moderately severe. If they persist or come with an uncharacteristic intensity, make sure you call your doctor immediately.
Duromine is also a habit-forming drug. Failure to stick to the prescription may result in a serious addiction to the drug, which will, in turn, induce worse side effects. Avoid sharing your Duromine medication with others.
When taken in excessive amounts or without adhering to the prescribed dosages, serious side effects may be experienced. These include:
- Hyperreflexia (involuntary muscle movements)
- Rapid breathing
- Disorientation and panic
- Bouts of depression
- Hypertension and hypotension
- Severe abdominal cramps
- Irritability and aggression
A fatal overdose will always culminate in severe convulsions, followed by a coma, followed by death.
In case you experience any of the following symptoms after taking Duromine, stop immediately and call for emergency medical services.
A lot of red tape surrounds the purchase and ownership of Duromine weight pills. Ensure you have the necessary prescription from a qualified doctor in order to avoid trouble with the law. Duromine cannot be purchased over the counter or online without the prescription.
In case you experience any side effect that has not been mentioned in this list, call your doctor immediately.
Over the Counter Alternatives to Phentermine drugs like Duromine
If you are looking for a more natural way to boost weight loss or are just unable to obtain a duromine prescription (or any phentermine prescription), then you can start looking into over the counter options. While they may not deliver the exact results, you can still boost weight loss with plenty of all-natural options.
One phentermine alternative that many people have found success with is PhenoFen 37.5. This over the counter supplement can help you to boost energy, support weight loss, increase bone health, and even relieve stress with natural mood enhancers! Who doesn’t want all of that? For best results, you should address your diet, if necessary, and as always exercise to help melt that fat away! And, as always, consult with your doctor before starting use of PhenoFen or any dietary supplement. Best of luck to you with all of your weight loss goals! And remember, don’t give up even if you slip up!